Sunday 12 April 2015

REVIEWING THE CLASS OF 2015: RUSSIA!

Russia are sending a song about peace, again, which has ruffled many feathers. Anyway, Polina Gagarina will fly the Russian flag and she is one of the favourites to win it all. What do we think though?

Ana: It’s a very good song and I know that Polina will put it off, but it isn't one of my favourites. Although Russia is not a winner for me so far, I’ll wait to watch the live performance. I have the feeling that it’ll be amazing, and the song will grow on me even more. 8/10

Ilkar: A song heard a million times before. The video filled with clichés from kids to the elderly and pregnant women. She's good singer and certainly will shine on stage but the song is just so unoriginal and uninteresting and such a standard production and arrangement. 3/10

Jack: Russia's entry is naturally going to cause controversy, and will no doubt be booed in Vienna (sigh), yet I love it. It's a song contest and I think Russia's entry is one of the best (if not the best) this year. Polina's an amazing artist and I wouldn't mind seeing her win. Russia has arguably sent much worse recently and have always achieved respectable positions... so I'm sure they'll do well in Vienna. It's a finalist for sure and maybe a winner. Maybe... It needs good staging though and Polina must hit those high notes. удачи России! 10/10

Jess: I was not sure what to expect from Polina, however I really do like the song. Polina has such a lovely voice! 8/10

John: Ok, setting aside the inherently flawed sentiment, the song from Russia is a powerful ballad, and Polina Gagarina's voice is equally powerful - or at least so the studio recording would suggest. I don't think it will curry favour with the masses and it might have been a more mature consideration on the part of the Russians to have sent this song in their own language. 7/10

OUR VERDICT - 36/50
OVERALL SCORE - 7.2/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...