Friday 4 April 2014

Introducing 2014: Latvia!

Dziesma, the Latvian national final, featured a number of awesome entries! Latvia selected their representative on 22nd February - where Aarzemnieki won with Cake To Bake. I like it. But Samanta Tina was my ultimate favourite... she's fantastic!! Stay would have been my favourite entry in Copenhagen, if Latvia selected it.. Dons came 2nd with Pēdējā vēstule. A very strong ballad in Latvian - and a domestic hit. I also really liked Revelation and Saule riet.

Aarzemnieki will perform 2nd in the first semi-final.. therefore I think Latvia's chances of qualifying are very low unfortunately. The lead singer of Aarzemnieki, Jöran Steinhauer, is from Germany. Latvia deserve to qualify. The song makes me happy when listening to it, the lyrics are also very clearly written. Very nice representation from Latvia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...