Wednesday 1 May 2013

Introducing 2013: Israel!

I have decided to take a look at each entry this year, in a lead-up to the contest! There are 39 countries participating this year, all aiming to win in Malmo (well, some don't wanna win!) Turkey, Portugal, Slovakia and Bosnia & Herzegovina decided to withdraw this year, which was a shame, so lets hope they'll decide to return for 2014! I have drawn all the countries randomly and today it's Israel's turn...

Moran Mazor - Rak bishvilo! 

Israel returned to the ever so popular KDAM this year, after selecting internally last year and failing with Izabo. Several shows were held and Moran Mazor became victorious. It's actually a bloody amazing song! Kathleen Reiter withdrew just one day before the final as she felt the jury would vote tacitly, even if she was the big favourite to win the selection and if she did compete then I'm 99% sure she would've won. I was upset but that song bores me now, and I do love Rak bishvilo! KDAM 2013 saw a range of languages, including French and Spanish. The final was held 7th March - and it came as a surprise when Moran won, she was shocked herself...

She will compete in the second semi final and I bet it'll be qualify. And I think it could even be top ten in the final - juries will love it and I think people will vote too. Moran has an fantastic voice but she needs to ditch the NF outfit - she's a beautiful woman but her outfit that night was abysmal. It's drawn between Armenia and Greece - good luck Israel. Can't wait to see this live in Malmo, I think she'll blow the house down...
Rak bishvilo uchal lishcoa'ch et hakor Uvizchuto emtza ba'chosech et ha'or...
Here it is...


In Amsterdam...


Kathleen's entry, the one she withdrew with...


TOMORROW'S HINT - EVERYONE LOVES S*N*E*O! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...