Tuesday 16 April 2013

Introducing 2013: Sweden!

I have decided to take a look at each entry this year, in a lead-up to the contest! There are 39 countries participating this year, all aiming to win in Malmo (well, some don't wanna win!) Turkey, Portugal, Slovakia and Bosnia & Herzegovina decided to withdraw this year, which was a shame, so lets hope they'll decide to return for 2014! I have drawn all the countries randomly and today it's Sweden's turn...

Robin Stjernberg - You!

The Swedes selected their entry through the classic Melodifestivalen! There was few good songs, the majority were of a very low standard in my opinion! My favourite was Louise Hoffsten - lovely song, slightly weird lyrics though! Plus she reminded me of my old English teacher. The grand final was held on 10th March, same night as Romania, and surprisingly Robin Stjernberg won! Everyone expected YOHIO or Ulrik Munther to win but nope, the results surprised us all! And I was not pleasantly surprised...

It is a good song but I don't like this type of music normally. I just find this so lame and boring - even his vocal performance couldn't lift it. You is a favour tie with fans though. Can Sweden win again? I bloody hope not! I don't even want this to do well but I fear it will... It's bound to come top ten, especially because it's the host country and they will concentrate ate on an awesome stage presentation! Sweden 2014 would be a nightmare for me, sorry!
So even if disaster strikes I close my eyes and then I’m next to you I´m right there with you, hey...
Here it is!


The acoustic version, which I rather like...



The best from Melodifestivalen 2013...

This was good too...


TOMORROW'S HINT - THESE SHOES, I'M WEARING TODAY... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...