Saturday 20 April 2013

Introducing 2013: Greece!

I have decided to take a look at each entry this year, in a lead-up to the contest! There are 39 countries participating this year, all aiming to win in Malmo (well, some don't wanna win!) Turkey, Portugal, Slovakia and Bosnia & Herzegovina decided to withdraw this year, which was a shame, so lets hope they'll decide to return for 2014! I have drawn all the countries randomly and today it's Greece's turn...

Koza Mostra & Agathon Iakovidis - Alcohol Is Free!

After all the rumours that Greece would withdraw due to the economic situation they finally confirmed just a few days before the EBU cut of deadline. Thanks to MAD TV for sponsoring it and sponsoring the NF. That was held in late February where about five ESC winners sung with "local stars". It was great fun to watch. Can't believe I'm saying this, I'm in the minority, but Alcohol Is Free was actually my least favourite from the NF. But I'm used to my favourites not winning this year...

The official video-clip was filmed in Thessaloniki and totally suits the song. I don't mind Greece sending this but I think they could've done much much better. Maybe next year? That's if they participate. For the past few years the Greek and Cypriot participation has always been in sheer doubt but they always find a way to participate in the end. Well done to them, that's what I say. Will the Greeks make it into the final? Yep! They are drawn between Israel and Iceland - two great ballads. I think people will vote for it especially because of the catchy chorus and the lyrics which the average viewer will love! And we do hear some Greek too, which is always nice...
Se mia thalassa ouiski Navagoi kai poios mas vriskei...
Here it is!


The NF performance...


I wanted this...


And would've liked this too...


TOMORROW'S HINT - SHE HAS VOODOO DOLLS! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...