Thursday 28 March 2013

Introducing 2013: Spain!

I have decided to take a look at each entry this year, in a lead-up to the contest! There are 39 countries participating this year, all aiming to win in Malmo (well, some don't wanna win!) Turkey, Portugal, Slovakia and Bosnia & Herzegovina decided to withdraw this year, which was a shame, so lets hope they'll decide to return for 2014! I have drawn all the countries randomly and today it's Spain's turn...

El Sueño de Morfeo - Contigo Hasta el Final! 

Firstly, I bet y'all thinking why "Only Love Is Real"? Have you seen Raquel's foot! I knew that was gonna be a tough one! If you got it then a massive well done! OK, so Spain this year is represented by ESDM (El Sueño de Morfeo) with the beautiful Contigo Hasta el Final. It's not a favourite among fans and I can't understand why, its awesome! Raquel does have a voice people either love or hate and the song doesn't really go nowhere I must admit... But it is a great piece of music and I love the Celtic influences.

ESDM are very popular in Spain and when their participation was confirmed, everyone went euphoric (see what I did there?) but there was disappointment when the songs were released. I was a little disappointed too but all four songs are good and they did choose the best one. The national final took place 26th February, on a Tuesday night, where the group performed three songs - it was clear that their favourite was Contigo Hasta el Final too. The music video was filmed in Asturias, it's the best video-clip this year I think. Abulously stunning, Raquel and the scenery! I hope this will do well in Malmo but I have a feeling it will fail, I have the same about France too. As always, ESDM sing in Spanish (my favourite language!). <3
Eres esa luz  que a través del universo  tú, me invitas a viajar...
Bueno Suerte...


The national final performance...


Another favourite from their NF...


Their biggest hit...


TOMORROWS HINT - AN EMPIRE, OR NOT?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...